Last Updated: October 31, 2023
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we may collect certain personal information, which is information that can identify you directly or indirectly as an individual. You may provide some of this personal information directly, such as when you complete and submit the sign-up form on our Site. We also obtain certain information automatically using technologies such as cookies when you interact with the Site.
Information you submit. This includes personal information (such as your name, email address, mobile phone number, age, and country of residence) that you provide when you sign up or otherwise submit your personal information through the Site.
Please note that we or third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different devices and online properties when you use our Site.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “do not track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, the Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “do not track” signals, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We may use various web analytics services, including Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We and our vendors may employ first-party and third-party identifiers, including cookies, to deliver advertisements, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, identify your location, and personalize content.
We may use these analytics services and other technologies to collect and use data in connection with interest-based advertising. Advertising technology companies and advertisers may use, store, or access cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from the Site and elsewhere on the Internet. They may then use that information to provide advertising services to us, including interest-based advertising or advertisements targeted to your interests delivered over time and across online services and devices.
To find out more about how these services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online and how to opt out of information collection by these networks, visit www.youradchoices.com/control and www.optout.networkadvertising.org.
We have implemented Google Analytics Advertising Features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, and impression reporting. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/settings/ads and www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Please note that we cannot control how other parties manage their opt-out processes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information collected through the Site to:
- communicate with you, such as to respond to your inquiries and let you know about new features and offerings;
- understand your preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- market our products and services;
- carry out our contractual obligations to provide you with information, products, or services that you request;
- administer, maintain, and improve the Site, including by analyzing how visitors use the Site;
- prevent, investigate, identify, or take any other action with regard to any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity or activity that violates our policies; or
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes as well as industry standards and our company policies.
We also may use your personal information for other permitted purposes with appropriate notice or consent.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our group companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, sponsors, and vendors who help us operate our business and the Site. For example, we may share your personal information in particular the personal information you submit on our web form and information we obtain from Ticketmaster and our other partners, with the event sponsors we work with as well as other Formula 1 Companies, including Formula One Management Limited, Formula One World Championship Limited, Formula One Hospitality and Event Services Limited, Formula One Marketing Limited and Formula Motorsport Limited.
In the event of a business transaction, such as if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (for example, as part of a merger, reorganization, liquidation, or any other business transaction, including negotiations of such transactions), we reserve the right to disclose any personal information.
We may disclose personal information as permitted or required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena, search warrant, or where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process. We also may disclose personal information to enforce our policies or to protect legal rights, property, or safety and as reasonably necessary to operate our Site.
Our Site is not intended for or targeted to minors, and we do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 16 years of age through the Site. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 16, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
We take appropriate measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Although we follow reasonable procedures to safeguard information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information submitted online.
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal information was collected, or as may otherwise be permitted or required under applicable law. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period, we will either anonymize or securely destroy your personal information.
Unsubscribing from Email Marketing. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link in the relevant email or email us at [email protected]. If you opt out of marketing emails, we may still send you administrative emails, such as those related to the event or your ticketing.
Privacy Rights. The laws in some states, countries, and regions – including those in California as well as the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”) – may give you specific additional rights related to your personal information. Depending on your location or residency, you may have the right to ask that we do one or more of the following:
- Give you more about our use of your personal information;
- Let you access the specific personal information we have about you;
- Transfer a copy of your personal information to you or someone else you select;
- Delete all or some of your personal information;
- Limit or restrict our use of your personal information;
- Allow you to object to, opt out of, or withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information; or
- Give you information about and object to our reasons for processing personal information.
Please note that privacy rights requests will generally be subject to an identity verification process. We may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity prior to processing your request. Please follow any instructions provided and promptly respond to any follow-up inquiries so that we may confirm your identity and respond to your request. If you ask that we give you specific pieces of personal information or that we delete or correct certain types of personal information, we may apply heightened verification standards, which can require additional proof of your identity.
Only you, or someone you authorize to act for you, may make a request related to your personal information. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request for you, we may still need to verify your identity directly with you before your request can be processed.
We are not required to comply with your privacy rights request to the extent that doing so would violate our or any other person’s rights or conflict with applicable law. We may be permitted to deny your privacy rights request for other reasons. If we refuse your privacy rights request, in whole or in part, we will explain why.
You, or someone you authorize, can submit privacy rights requests by sending us an email at [email protected] or by mail at 3883 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 190, Las Vegas, Nevada 89169. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your lawful privacy rights. If you want to submit a complaint or appeal our decision related to your privacy rights request, you may contact us using the information above or respond to any email communication from us responding to your privacy rights request. We will do our best to address and resolve your questions or concerns.
If you are located in the EEA or the UK and have questions about your personal information, you may contact our representative at:
Bird & Bird GDPR Representative Services SRL
You also have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Personal Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure. In the last 12months, we have collected, used, or disclosed the following types of personal information about California residents. This table additionally accurately represents our current collection, use, and disclosure as well.
Opting Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. Some of the ways in which we share personal information with our advertising and marketing partners for targeted advertising or disclose it to other companies for their commercial purposes or for our benefit may give you a right to opt out of our use of your personal information for these purposes. If you wish to opt out of this use of personal information, you may submit an opt-out request by sending us an email at [email protected].
California Limit the Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not process sensitive personal information for a purpose that would permit the limitation of its use or disclosure.
California Right to Know. In addition to the rights explained in the “Your Choices” section above, California residents have the specific right to ask us to tell you the following information about our use of your personal information:
- Categories of personal information we collect and our purposes for doing so;
- Categories of sources from which we collect personal information and why;
- Categories of recipients to whom we disclose personal information and why, including a list of categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose and a list of categories of personal information sold or shared for targeted advertising purposes; or
- The specific pieces of your personal information we have collected.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS TO THE SITE
If you are using our Site outside the United States, please be aware that personal information we obtain about you may be transferred to and processed in the United States or other countries outside your own. The privacy and data protection laws and regulations that may apply to your personal information transferred to the United States or other countries may be different from the laws in your country of residence. By using the Site and providing your personal information, you acknowledge and express your understanding that your personal information may be transferred to and processed outside your country of residence.
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND UNITED KINGDOM RESIDENTS
This section provides additional information your data protection rights, including your right to object to some of our personal information processing.
Legal Bases for Personal Information Processing. Your personal information is processed under the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you, for example in providing you with products or services you have ordered.
- We have a legal obligation under UK or EEA Member State law to process your personal information, for example when we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate, and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents, or crime.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing personal information and our reasons for using your personal information outweigh any potential adverse effects on your data protection rights. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following instances:
- ~to analyze and improve the safety and security of our Site, including by implementing and enhancing security measures and safeguards and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity or activity that violates our policies;
- ~to administer, maintain, and improve our Site;
- ~to market our products and services and to provide information to you that is tailored to, and in accordance with, your preferences; and
- ~to protect our legal rights or those of others or comply with other legal or contractual obligations.
- You have consented to our use of your personal information.
- ~When you consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or by following any information provided in our marketing communications to opt out or unsubscribe from such communications. If you ask to withdraw your consent to us processing your data, this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at that time.
Your Privacy Rights. You may ask us to take the following actions with respect to your personal information:
- provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and access to your personal information;
- update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- delete your personal information;
- transfer a structured, machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice; and
- restrict the processing of your personal information.
Where we collect personal information to administer a contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations, this personal information is mandatory, and we will not be able to provide the services or products without this information. In all other cases, provision of the requested personal information is optional, but this may affect your ability to participate in certain programs or systems, where the information is needed for those purposes.
You may submit any request to us by email at [email protected].
Transfers of Your Personal Information. When you provide your personal information using our Site, you acknowledge that your personal information is being provided by you to a company based in the United States. The laws that apply to personal information protection in the United States differ from those applicable in the EEA and the UK; however, we have put in place measures to help ensure that personal information of those in the EEA and the UK is still processed in accordance with GDPR requirements.
If it is necessary for us to transfer personal information of those in the EEA and the UK to third parties in other countries (including third parties in the United States), we do so by using suitable data transfer safeguards. If the third party is in a country that has been judged as having adequate data protection standards by the EU Commission or UK Government (as applicable), then the transfer will take place on the basis of this adequacy decision. Otherwise, we rely on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (in combination, where applicable, with the UK International Data Transfer Addendum), which impose data protection obligations on parties to the transfer, in combination with supplementary safeguards where appropriate.
You may obtain additional information about our data transfer mechanisms by contacting us at [email protected].
RETENTION OF YOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our Site and for 6 years afterward.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the personal information until you ask us to stop and for a short period afterward (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your personal information so that we can respect your request in the future.
Where we process personal information for site security purposes, we typically retain it for 12 months.
Where we process personal information in connection with performing a contract or for a competition or promotion, we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us.